Front of House Staff Job Description
The Herbivorous Butcher strives to create small-batch, locally-sourced, all-natural vegan meat and cheese alternatives that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking like minded individuals who have a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.
We’re seeking hourly staff members both for full-time (40/hrs) and part-time (15-20) positions to join our team when our vegan butcher shop opens in January.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, which includes greeting customers and responding to questions they may have about our products
- Maintain high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Dynamically selling of product by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Selecting and packaging products ordered by customers
- Filing, maintaining and rotating products and displays
- Operating cash registers and keeping the FOH area clean and organized
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- able to arrive on time ready to work when scheduled
- able to lift 50 lbs.
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- food preparation experience
- able to work well with others as a team member
- a passion for serving people
Work Conditions: Front of House staff’s duties are performed primarily in the Deli department. Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods, and lifting deli products weighing up to 50 pounds. Duties also include frequent interaction with customers and associates.
If you’d like to apply please submit your resume with references by Sunday December 27th to: email@example.com