Vegan Butcher Job Description
The Herbivorous Butcher strives to create small-batch, locally-sourced, all-natural vegan meat and cheese alternatives that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking like minded individuals who have a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.
We’re seeking hourly Back of House staff members for full-time (40/hrs) Tuesday thru Saturday, 5:00a - 1:30pm to join our team in March.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a positive attitude of a high standard and quality for food and service.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Use established cooking techniques to consistently produce items in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Follow health and sanitation standards to properly clean dishware, equipment and kitchen facilities before, during and after service as necessary and assigned.
- Safely uses equipment and supplies to perform tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables)
- Cook items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Properly handle and store raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies.
- Assist with inventory control, product stocking, rotation and waste management.
- Answer, report to and follow Kitchen Manager’s instructions
- 18 years of age or older and able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Read, understand, follow and speak basic cooking directions and standardized recipes.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices and food safety guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty.
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Proven cooking and food preparation experience in a professional setting
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
Able to work well with others as a team member
Work Conditions: Vegan Butcher's duties are performed primarily in the Back-of-House department at our shop in NE Minneapolis. Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods, and lifting products weighing up to 50 pounds.
If you’d like to apply please submit a cover letter with your resume and references by Friday February 26th to: email@example.com