These Bacon-Stuffed Cremini Mushrooms are a beautiful and delicious appetizer. If you don't have our Bacon Bits, you can easily cut up strips of our bacon to make your own.
2 pounds cremini (aka baby portobello) mushrooms
2 cups raw cashews
2 cups cubed French baguette
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
7 ounces vegan bacon bits
Preheat oven to 350º F.
1. In a food processor or wide blender, pulse cashews until pulverized into coarse meal. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
2. Pulse bread until broken down into coarse breadcrumbs. Combine with the cashews in the mixing bowl.
3. Clean and mince fresh parsley and add to cashew/breadcrumb mixture.
4. Add nutritional yeast, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, olive oil and bacon bits to the mixture. Either by hand or with a pastry blender, mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Clean and de-stem mushrooms.
6. Pack the mushroom with a rounded Tablespoon of the cashew/bacon mixture and assemble on a baking sheet.
7. Once mixture is used up, drizzle with narrow stream of additional olive oil and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
Makes about 20-25 mushrooms.
Check out our Online Shop for shipping options.