One of our many vegan retail products is I Heart Keenwah Chocolate Puffs. While we don't carry their full line of IHK products in-store, check out their website to learn about their other amazing quinoa products.
We sent them our Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage which they included in this Breakfast Hash that includes their Toasted White Quinoa. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cup diced potato (about 1-2 medium-sized potatoes)
2 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
1/2 cup cooked I Heart Keenwah Toasted White Quinoa
A few leaves of fresh kale, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 red onion, diced
1/2 14oz block extra firm tofu
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black salt aka kala namak (essential!)
Seam salt and black pepper (to taste)
1/2 13oz packet of Herbivorous Butcher Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage, diced
1. Throw potatoes into cold water. Bring water to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes. Remove potato from water, allow cool and pat dry. (This par-boiling method is crucial to getting your potatoes crispy.)
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and add potatoes. Cook on medium-high heat without touching for about 5 minutes.
4. Repeat again for another 5 minutes. Potatoes should have super crispy exterior at this point.
5. Bring heat down to medium. Add onion, pre-cooked quinoa, tomatoes and breakfast sausage. Cook for 5 minutes stirring intermittently.
6. In a separate bowl, combine tofu, turmeric, black salt and pepper. Crumble tofu with a fork and gently incorporate turmeric until tofu turns yellow.
7. Now add tofu and kale to frying pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- 1 Large Head Garlic
- 2 Lbs Russet or Gold Potatoes (sliced thinly)
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 Tablespoons Follow Your Heart's VeganEgg
- 3 ¾ Cup Ice Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch Green Onions (white and green parts slices thinly)
- 13 oz. Vegan Portuguese Sausage (crumbled)
- 5 oz. Vegan Swiss Cheese (crumbled)
Preheat oven to 400º F. Cut off the top ½ inch of the whole head of garlic leaving a cross section that cuts into each clove. Cover garlic in 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
In the meantime, thinly slice 2 lbs of potatoes. Working in a large (9”+) cast iron skillet or if you wish to bake frittata in a baking dish, a separate sauté pan sauté potatoes in olive oil. Working in batches and stirring often over medium-high heat potatoes until thoroughly browned, around 15 minutes per batch.
While potatoes are sautéing, measure VeganEgg in a large mixing bowl. Vigorously whisk in ice water and season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice green onions and crumble vegan cheese and sausage. Once garlic is light brown, translucent and fragrant, squeeze out garlic flesh into a small bowl and mash. Add garlic to VeganEgg mixture.
Once potatoes are dark brown and tender, spread the potatoes out evenly in the cast iron skillet or another baking dish if desired. Gently press the potatoes around the bottom and edges of the pan to make a crust. Add the sausage, and cheese on top of the potatoes. Pour the egg mixture into the pan on top of the potatoes and sausage. Finish by topping the egg mixture with thinly sliced green onion. Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes until egg is set in the center.
Allow to cool slightly before cutting a serving.
Serves 4-6 people
Portuguese Sausage and Swiss are available for purchase through our a la carte menu.