Our friends at I Heart Keenwah offer a variety of versatile quinoa products, including an amazing Toasted Quinoa. We sent them our jackfruit gluten-free Shredded Chicken, and they combined it with their Toasted Quinoa to create these beautiful Vietnamese Summer Rolls. Enjoy the recipe, and check out their website to learn about their other quinoa products.
1 medium carrot, chopped into matchsticks
1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa
2 cups water
1 cup cooked beets
8 basil leaves
16 mint leaves
1/2 cup Herbivorous Butcher Shredded Jackfruit Chicken
8 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
1/4 cup natural-style creamy peanut butter
2 Tbs water
1 Tbs hoisin sauce
1/2 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1/2 lime)
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha
1 tsp maple syrup
1. Add the quinoa and water to a pot with a tightly fitting lid.
2. Puree pre-cooked beets (store bought is fine) and add 1/2 of it to the quinoa and water.
3. Bring beet puree, quinoa and water mixture to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Let cool.
4. Prepare the sauce by whisking together peanut butter, water, hoisin, lime juice, soy sauce, sriracha and maple syrup.
5. Soak rice paper in a bowl full of cold water. Remove rice paper once soft.
6. Spread rice paper onto a flat surface. In the center of the paper, layer on mint leaves, 1 Tbs beet-red quinoa, basil leaf, 1 Tbs vegan shredded jackfruit chicken, and a few carrot sticks.
7. Fold in the sides and roll. Repeat 8 times.
8. Serve summer rolls with dipping sauce, and enjoy.
Thank you to I Heart Keenwah for providing the recipe and photograph!