Vegan Lemon Ricotta Cake
Almond-based Ricotta is included in this year's Hoppy Spring Feast, and it's a perfect addition to this recipe for Vegan Lemon Ricotta Cake.
- 1.5 Cup Semolina Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 8 oz Ricotta
- 1.5 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Silken Tofu
- Zest and juice from 2 large lemons (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch round cake pan; set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Use a hand mixer combine the oil and sugar in a large bowl. Add ricotta, tofu, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, mix until smooth. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 45-55 min. After a toothpick comes out clean, let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing onto a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, dust with powdered sugar.
The Hoppy Spring Feast is available to pre-order through April 3 and ships to all 50 states and Puerto Rico, or you can order for in-store pick up.
CLICK HERE to see all of our current shipping options.