Food Truck Staff
We are hiring for a full-time seasonal position (competitive pay + tips) that will transfer to a part-time shop position, in one of three departments.
The Herbivorous Butcher strives to create small-batch, all-natural plant-based meat and cheese that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking like minded individuals who have a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.
Our ideal Candidate:
- Ability to multi-task, work in tight spaces, and move seamlessly through any of the stations as needed is a must. If you've never worked on a food truck before, it can be some very hard work. You are exposed to the elements, sometimes you're hot, sometimes you're a little cold, but it’s always a lot of fun and a good way to see a lot of the city.
Food Truck Staff’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mix and prepare ingredients to produce quality goods
- Evaluate quality of ingredients and produced goods
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Must work fast, clean, and efficient. Not a lot of space in a food truck, so little messes quickly become a hindrance
- Answer, report to and follow Food Truck Manager’s instructions
- 18 years of age or older and able to lift 50 lbs
- Read, understand, follow and speak basic cooking directions and standardized recipes
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices and food safety guidelines
- Must be reliable and flexible. We will be in many different locations throughout the city during the week.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience in a fast paced kitchen required
- ServeSafe certification a plus
- Working a minimum of 38 hours a week
Work Conditions: Duties are performed primarily in the kitchen. Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods, lifting up to 50 lbs.
Please send your resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org.