Front of House Staff Job Description
The Herbivorous Butcher strives to create small-batch, all-natural vegan meat and cheese alternatives that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking a like-minded individual with a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.
We are seeking a part-time (potentially up to 24 hours per week) Front of House employee.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide premier customer service, which includes greeting customers and responding to questions they may have about our products
- Maintain high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Dynamically sell product by providing customers with at-home product prep, as well as recipes and pairings that they can do themselves
- Knowledge of the retail we have in the shop and ways to incorporate them with our own products
- Select and package products ordered by customers
- Fill, maintain and rotate products and displays
- Operate cash register and keep the FOH area clean and organized
- Assist in other duties within the kitchen and packaging, as assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- Food service experience
- Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- Able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions and solve problems
- Able to arrive on time ready to work when scheduled
- Able to lift 50 lbs
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Basic food safety knowledge (Serve Safe Certified preferred, but not required)
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- A passion for serving people
Work Conditions: Front of House staff’s duties are performed primarily in the Deli department. Work includes walking and standing for prolonged periods, and lifting deli products weighing up to 50 pounds. Duties also include frequent interaction with customers and associates.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.