Shipping Assistant (Entry-Level)
The Herbivorous Butcher (“HB”) strives to create small-batch, all-natural vegan meat and cheese alternatives that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking like minded individuals who have a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interpreting weekly ship-report with Shipping Manager to ensure correct amount of product is being packaged.
- Use of provided kitchen equipment to slice and prepare products for packaging
- Use of vacuum-sealing machines to properly seal outgoing product
- Checking for quality and uniformity as items come off the production line
- Reporting and removing all defective items to management
- Accurately fulfilling orders using a packing slip – attention to detail is a must!
- Assist with load-out of packages – typically does not exceed 30lbs
- Perform weekly supply checks and counts to ensure all supplies are fully stocked
- Strong observational skills
- Patience to carry out repetitive tasks without error
- The ability to work quickly to meet weekly targets
- The ability to follow strict health and safety guidelines and quality procedures
- The ability to work with minimal supervision as well as on a team
- Good standards of personal hygiene
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to 6 hours
- Flexibility to switch tasks at a moments notice
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Previous experience in a pick and pack environment
- Previous experience in an administrative or customer service-centered role
If you’d like to apply please submit your resume with references by January 13 to: email@example.com