The Herbivorous Butcher strives to create small-batch, all-natural vegan meat and cheese that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking like-minded individuals who have a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Vegan Butcher, with variable hours throughout the week (between 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM on an average day); weekend hours are required.
Full-time benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid time off, select paid holidays, life insurance, and supplemental benefits. Starting pay is $17/hour.
Vegan Butcher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Striving for a high standard of food production quality
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Preparing food in a timely manner and taking pride and care with products created in house
- Assist with inventory control, product stocking, rotation and waste management
- Answer, report to and follow Kitchen Manager’s and supervisors' instructions
- Proven cooking and food preparation experience in a professional setting
- At least 3 years of work in a kitchen or bakery
- 18 years of age or older and able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Read, understand, follow and speak basic cooking directions and standardized recipes
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices and food safety guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- Mandatory weekend availability
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com