FOH part-time front of house position
The Herbivorous Butcher strives to create small-batch, locally-sourced, all-natural vegan meat and cheese alternatives that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking like minded individuals who have a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.
Starting pay is $17/hour.
Hiring bonus: After 60 days of employment, you will receive a $250 hiring bonus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, which includes responding to questions they may have about our products
- Maintain high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Dynamically selling of product by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Selecting products ordered by customers
- Using a meat slicer
- Cutting and wrapping products and using a wrapping machine
- Filing, maintaining and rotating products and displays
- Operating POS system
Keeping the front of house (FOH) area clean and organized including:
Washing FOH dishes
- Keeping walk-in cooler clean and organized
- Stocking shelves
- Flexible with scheduling and ability to work weekends
- General knowledge of alternative diets and allergies
- Willingness to learn about retail items
- Ability to stay busy during slow times
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Able to arrive on time ready to work when scheduled
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Availability to work Saturday and Sunday is a must
- Customer service experience
- Duties are performed primarily in the deli department.
- Walking, standing for prolonged periods, and lifting deli products weighing up to 50 pounds.
- 15-25 hours a week
Email your resume and references to email@example.com