With a little extra love, your Turkey-Free Feast will delight the whole family. Read on for suggestions on how to make the most of your feast.
Click here for turkey roast cooking instructions.
Truffled Mashed Potatoes (Camembert Sauce)
- 5 Lbs Medium Size Potatoes (Red or Yukon Gold work well)
- 8 Tbsp Vegan Butter (1 stick)
- 16 oz Camembert Cheese Sauce
- 1 Cup Plain, Unsweetened Plant Based Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a large stockpot, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil on the stove over high heat. Boil for 16-18 minutes (depending on size of potato) until potatoes are tender enough to pierce with a fork.
2. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
3. Add butter and mash the potatoes until mostly mashed yet with a small amount of chunks.
4. Stir in milk and cheese sauce.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
We also like Make It Dairy Free's Scalloped Potatoes recipe where you could replace oat milk with the Camembert Sauce.
Green Bean Casserole (Herb Cheddar)
- 1 lb green beans (steamed or canned)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1- 1 ½ cups water or vegetable broth
- 5 oz herb cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Fried onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 8x8 pan with vegetable oil spray.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the chopped onion, salt and nutmeg and cook, stirring until onions are very soft: 6-8 minutes.
4. Add flour until incorporated.
5. Stir in milk and water/vegetable broth. Continue stirring until sauce thickens.
6. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted and incorporated.
7. Add green beans and toss until combined.
8. Transfer mixture to an 8x8 baking dish and bake until hot and bubbly around the edges, about 15-20 minutes.
9. Top with fried onions and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until onions are golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Dandies Marshmallows
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (3-4 medium)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teapoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary (minced)
- 10 ounce bag mini Dandies Marshmallows
Preheat oven to 400º F. Wash sweet potatoes and cut into ½ inch chunks. Toss in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast sweet potatoes on a baking sheet for 25 - 30 minutes until potatoes are slightly browned and soft enough to pierce with a fork.
While the sweet potatoes are roasting, melt butter in a small saucepan and whisk in brown sugar and minced rosemary. Heat over medium heat until sugar has dissolved into a clear glaze. Remove from heat.
Once sweet potatoes are done roasting, partially mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher. Leave as many chunks as desired. Add the brown sugar rosemary glaze and stir slightly. Transfer this mixture to a greased 9 X 9 or similar size casserole dish or cake pan. Top with marshmallows and bake, uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown and bubbly. Garnish with more minced fresh rosemary. Serves 3-4 people.
- 2 and 1/2 pounds of bread
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 6 ounce toasted pecans
- 13 ounce Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 cup oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large leek, sliced, white part only
- 4 large celery stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Dice bread to 1" cubes, dry in oven at 275 for 30 mins
2. Slice the mushrooms, pulse pecans in the food processor for a rough chop
3. Cook mushrooms down in the oil until they release their water and it starts to evaporate
4. Add sage and continue cooking until the mushrooms are a deep brown
5. Add remaining veg and cook until soft
6. Add stock and pecans, bring to a boil
7. Dice Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage
7. Add bread, salt and pepper, and breakfast sausage. Fold in until everything is well incorporated
8. Put in pan, 2" deep, cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 mins, then 10 minutes uncovered
Or consider Make It Dairy Free's Apple and Sausage Stuffing using the Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage.
Also check out the following recipes:
Cadry's Kitchen Baked Potato Soup: Bacon and Herb Cheddar would be great additions to this, or even consider mixing in the Camembert Sauce