1 1/2 cup diced potato (about 1-2 medium-sized potatoes)
2 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
1/2 cup cooked I Heart Keenwah Toasted White Quinoa
A few leaves of fresh kale, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 red onion, diced
1/2 14oz block extra firm tofu
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black salt aka kala namak (essential!)
Seam salt and black pepper (to taste)
1/2 13oz packet of Herbivorous Butcher Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage, diced
1. Throw potatoes into cold water. Bring water to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes. Remove potato from water, allow cool and pat dry. (This par-boiling method is crucial to getting your potatoes crispy.)
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and add potatoes. Cook on medium-high heat without touching for about 5 minutes.
4. Repeat again for another 5 minutes. Potatoes should have super crispy exterior at this point.
5. Bring heat down to medium. Add onion, pre-cooked quinoa, tomatoes and breakfast sausage. Cook for 5 minutes stirring intermittently.
6. In a separate bowl, combine tofu, turmeric, black salt and pepper. Crumble tofu with a fork and gently incorporate turmeric until tofu turns yellow.
7. Now add tofu and kale to frying pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.