The Herbivorous Butcher (“HB”) strives to create small-batch, all-natural vegan meat and cheese alternatives that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking like minded individuals who have a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.
We are hiring a full time packaging assistant for 38-40 hours per week that will include weekends.
Full-time employees receive medical & dental insurance, PTO, select paid holidays, life insurance and supplemental benefits. Salary is based upon experience.
Starting pay is $17/hr
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Vacuum Seal Products
- Handle outgoing shipments by checking them physically
- Check products for defects and accuracy
- Handle packaging procedures to ensure safety of shipment
- Pull and pack finished goods for local and shipping
- Report and replace any defective item prior to packing
- Prepare and place labels on shipments
- Verify accuracy of orders by matching them with quantities and types
- Ensure that items are properly packed and labeled
- Ensure that the packaging area is cleaned and maintained at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Able to work independently
- 18 years of age or older and able to lift 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- Read, understand, follow and speak basic cooking directions and standardized recipes.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Available to work weekends is a requirement
- Ability to work in team setting or individually when necessary
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Past shipping or packing clerk experience preferred but not required
- Food industry experience preferred
- Able to work well with others as a team member
**Please send your resume and cover to email@example.com, if you are interested in this position.**