Comfort Food Pack Products
Your 2023-2024 Comfort Food Pack includes Gruyère Sauce, Cheddar Cheese Sauce, Carnitas, sliced Pepperjack, and Honee Mustard Glazed Turkey. Mix and match these products to make fondue, sandwiches, soup, quesadillas, and more.
Tortilla Soup with Cheddar Cheese Sauce and Carnitas
Prep time/cooking time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 Cups
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Medium Jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (such as Sunflower or Canola)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (peeled and minced)
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 4 Chipotles in Adobo Sauce (minced)
- 1 - 28 oz Can Whole Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Vegan Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Fresh Sweet Corn
- 16 oz. Cheddar Sauce
- 16 oz. Carnitas
- 1 t. Salt
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- Garnishes of your choice:
- Lime wedges,
- Cilantro leaves
- Avocado slices
- Sliced red radish
For the tortilla strips
- While the soup is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut tortillas into half inch strips and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the tortillas with a few tablespoons of oil and bake, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Strips should be lightly brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
If you do not choose to toast the strips in the oven, you can fry them in oil or the air fryer. The most important thing is that they end up crisp and do not get soggy.
For the soup
- In a large stock pot, sauté onion and jalapeño for about 10 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add minced garlic and chili powder and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and chipotle peppers. Cook for 5 more minutes until some of the moisture has evaporated.
- Add broth and bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Add cheese sauce, corn, and carnitas, mixing everything together. Add salt and adjust to taste.
- Portion into bowls and top with preferred amount of tortilla strips and additional garnishes.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Total time: 45 minutes
Equipment: large pot or Dutch oven, immersion blender or standing blender
Yield: 12 cups
Serves 4-6 people
- 16 oz Gruyère Cheese Sauce
- 1 large or 2 smaller heads of fresh broccoli
- 2 medium (1 lb) red potatoes - peeled and quartered
- 2 cups low sodium vegan chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (can sub olive oil)
- 1 large yellow onion - diced
- 4 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary - minced (optional)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme - minced (optional)
- 1/2 - 2 t salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté for 10 minutes. Add minced garlic and (optional) fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Chop broccoli into small 1/2 inch florets. Transfer to a bowl. Peel remaining stalks and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Add chicken broth, broccoli stalks, and potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to the pot and stir in Gruyère Cheese Sauce and broccoli florets. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with herbs as desired